February 6, 2012

an excuse to make food (not that I need one).


The Super Bowl, for me, is really just an excuse to make food. It's not that I need an excuse to make regular, everyday food, but seven-layer dip is not one of my everyday foods. But I'm here to tell you that it's so worth the extra effort to make the guacamole layer from scratch. Trust me on this.


Our SB Sunday started with a pre-game bike ride out to Ocean Beach with our whole crew on a 65-degrees-and-sunny February day (seriously? seriously.). We made a pit stop at Devil's Teeth Baking Company for $1 beignets, which is quickly becoming my favorite bakery in the city. Everything there is delicious, they serve Sightglass coffee, and they have a parklet outside for seating. It's like the San Francisco trifecta.


Our SB menu consisted of a gigantic seven-layer dip that ended up being around ten layers; Edyta's spicy spinach-artichoke dip with sourdough bread; Bobby's bloody mary's, complete with fancy pickled green beans; Mexican pozole soup for the meat-eaters and veggie soup for the non-meat eaters; and salty peanut butter cookies (recipe here). We ate, we drank, and we all agreed that Madonna really rocked it at half-time. Don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment