August 21, 2011

day-to-day

Well hello there! I do apologize for the lack of posting lately. The last two months have been exciting and exhausting, and well, big. City life has taken some adjusting; wearing coats and boots in August just feels wrong after a lifetime of hot Missouri summers, but I'll get over it eventually. I really love it here. The commute to work is strangely enjoyable (most of the time) and it's funny how you start to see the same people over and over again. And although I miss my friends dearly, we've made some new friends who are just delightful.

Needless to say, there hasn't been much time for baking. In fact, the only thing I've made since we became official residents one month ago was my favorite salted chocolate chip cookie recipe, and that was part of my orientation at work. "Rookie cookies", they're called. Each new hire has to do it as a way to be-friend colleagues.

As I write this we're making pho from scratch and our little cozy apartment smells amazing. You can read about all the day-to-day things we've been doing at www.ourdayinthecity.blogspot.com. It's a collaborative blog between Jason and I. We thought our friends and family might like to see what we're up to out here in this foggy city. It's a work in progress. Hop on over and take a look.


No comments:

Post a Comment