November 13, 2009

I heart San Francisco

Fall is the best time to visit Northern California. The weather is amazing and the sun is shining, which isn't necessarily a given in San Francisco. Visiting my brother and sister-in-law is always wonderful, and always hard to leave. This time, Jason and I spent a long weekend and did all our favorite things:


honey-lavender ice cream at bi-rite market




picnic in dolores park

big brother josh

breakfast at blue bottle

On Saturday, we took a little day trip to Sonoma and Matanzas vineyard, which was beautiful and full of lavender fields. Amazing wine, lovely scenery...we loved it so much, we joined the wine club on a whim. We're so spontaneous.

And then this happened:
I said yes.
So now my boyfriend/roommate/best friend will become my husband. I still can't believe it. Life is so good. And so is California.

2 comments:

  1. As much as you loved San Fran before, you love it even more now! We got engaged on Independence Pass in Colorado, somewhere between Aspen and Denver. I will ALWAYS love Colorado! Congrats again and can't wait for the big party day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is the most amazing photo of the moment. it really captures your true reactions to a very intimate situation. thank you for sharing. i am so happy for the both of you and i can't wait to see you over the holidays. we need to make some dinner plans. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE RING!!!!

    ReplyDelete